If you've recently purchased our "Polished" Lightroom Presets and aren't sure where to begin then we've provided a video walkthrough and some additional instructional resources below to help you get started. It's important to note that these presets do not install the same way as other "develop" presets.
If you've already attempted to install them and have received the error message below then this just means that you are trying to import the same way our develop presets are imported and will need to use a different method shown in the video below.
Here's a video walking you through the installation process:
To install our Lightroom polished presets (brushes):
- Open Lightroom and click on Edit at the top (next to File).
- Select Preferences from the menu
- Select the Presets tab (second tab) at the top of the pop-up screen
- Click on the box titled "Show Lightroom Presets Folder".
- Double click on Lightroom.
- Double click on Local Adjustment Presets Folder.
- Copy the contents of the Polished Presets, found in your download, into the “Local Adjustment Presets” folder. *(see notes below if you do not have a local adjustments presets folder)
Once you've completed the seven steps above, you are done! If Lightroom was open when you copied the Polished Presets (.lrtemplate files), you will need to close it and restart it.
If you've never used/explored the local adjustment tools area inside Lightroom:
Your Polished presets will not be located in the regular develop module presets panel. They can be accessed by following the instructions below.
- Click on the local adjustment brush or gradient filter tool in the develop module right underneath the "histogram".
- Click on the drop-down next to "effect" - that is where they will be once installed correctly.
The steps below can help you if you can't find the "Local Adjustment Presets" folder.
- Open Lightroom
- Click on the Develop tab
- Click on the Brush icon
- Open > Preferences
- Click on “Restore Local Adjustments Presets” to reset it; exit LR
- Open Lightroom again > Preferences > Show Lightroom Presets Folder
More info can be found on this thread here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/109826
If you've tried each and every step above and still are having troubles, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help. Be sure to provide us with detailed info including your Lightroom version and screenshots of whatever error you are getting so we can do our best to assist.